Home

Who is MCM?

An informative yet entertaining blog to inspire young people. MCM is run by a dedicated and self motivated team (aged 19-21) whose aim is to showcase the ins and outs of the media industry and entertain the youth. Check out our page weekly for new articles discussing Fashion, Sport, Music and Lifestyle. MCM have so much to offer, from our Youtube channel to our events.

Tuesday 24 March 2015

AMERIIE - Master Class Media (24/03/2015)

I'm sure many of you are aware of the beautiful and talented Singer/Songwriter Ameriie. Well MCM managed to get an interview with her before she tours the UK this week. Although Ameriie has been quiet on us for a while, as she has ventured into other projects aside from media, she has recently released two singles 'What I want' and 'Mustang'. These will probably be performed amongst her old soulful and rhythmic material that she is known for.

It's been a while since we have heard from you, what is the reason for you taking a break from the public eye
"I’ve just been in Creation Mode, working on my albums BILI and Cymatika, as well as writing fiction. I also started a youtube channel recently, Books Beauty Ameriie, something I began so I could geek out over books and share things that I love, including skincare products and makeup."



Since you've been away has your style in music changed? What inspires you to write? Can we expect to see the old Amerie with the instruments and live band or are you introducing yourself as someone new
"I don’t think it’s changed much but to be honest I haven’t listened to the radio in quite a while. One of my projects, BILI, sounds like an extension of Because I Love It (2007), with it’s driving rhythms and New Wave influences. My other project, Cymatika, is very cinematic and heavy as far as sound goes. Both projects are very “me” but they also reflect the way my sounds evolve even in the course of a single album."
what influenced you to do a UK tour are you trying to widen your audience internationally instead of just focusing on the US?
"Since the beginning of my career, I’ve traveled and made it a point to spend as much time internationally as possible. Music is universal and it’s wonderful to experience it in-person. As for the UK in particular, I love it so that makes traveling there easy!"


What is special about this album in comparison to your previous ones, are there any songs we should look out for or collaborations to be excited for?
"I’m keeping mum on these projects so far, especially because they are still taking shape!"


         What is your plans for your career after the tour?
"I’m continuing to record for my projects and I’ll still be writing the stories I’m working on at the moment."


         Describe your style and this album in one word
                              "Ameriie."

No comments:

Post a Comment