Home

Who is MCM?

An informative yet entertaining blog to inspire young people. MCM is run by a dedicated and self motivated team (aged 19-21) whose aim is to showcase the ins and outs of the media industry and entertain the youth. Check out our page weekly for new articles discussing Fashion, Sport, Music and Lifestyle. MCM have so much to offer, from our Youtube channel to our events.

Sunday 24 November 2013

MY RUNWAY - BOOHEMA BOOHENE (24/11/2013)
I was presented with a fantastic opportunity, and invited down by
 the My Runway group to be part of the press. As it was the first event I have covered in terms of filming and photography, I was more than nervous. Perfection is a requirement at MCM and I wanted the quality of everything to be of a high standard. The place was filled with people, Fashion designers, models and different companies. It was a fulfilling feeling to be in an environment with many young entrepreneurs. Everyone was so friendly and willing to network which made the experience slightly more relaxing for me. People were dressed very professionally, wearing their best attire. The females in their high pencil heels and flowing dresses, and the males in their divine suits looking suave. This was definitely an event where you had to dress to impress.

The My Runway team were great and treated us very well, making sure all our needs were catered too. When I received my press pass, excitement began to take over me as I started to realise this was a big deal, therefore everything had to go to plan. We were allocated to the press box where we were able to set up our equipment and film. The show took off on a high with model’s serenading the stage and performing. What I loved about the show was that it was brought to life and engaged the audience at all times. It wasn't’ your average fashion show where people walk up and down the catwalk. They incorporated dance, singing, and spoken word which many people enjoyed. The lights and effects gave a cinematic atmosphere. Everything was that great that we wanted to film it all however it wasn't possible. All the models took it very seriously and you would have never thought that some of them had never done it before. The confidence and boldness in all of them was impressive.


The show gradually came to an end with Fuse ODG performing and
 having the crowd excited. I enjoyed myself so much I honestly wanted the show to last forever. It was just great to see such a variety of designs and styles and see how outfits had been pieced together. Overall the show was definitely one of Coventry’s most successful events so far I enjoyed myself so much more than we expected. It was definitely a night to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment