Home

Who is MCM?

An informative yet entertaining blog to inspire young people. MCM is run by a dedicated and self motivated team (aged 19-21) whose aim is to showcase the ins and outs of the media industry and entertain the youth. Check out our page weekly for new articles discussing Fashion, Sport, Music and Lifestyle. MCM have so much to offer, from our Youtube channel to our events.

Monday 21 April 2014

Australian Fashion Week 2014 - Jade Olugbemi ( 21/04/2014)

How often do you think of Australia when you hear the word fashion? Hardly ever right?  I've always loved the fashion in Australia. I personally think Australia in terms of fashion kills it every year, they’re ability to do something that’s never been done before is amazing. I love street style, because it is somewhat inspirational; being able to see what people are wearing at fashion shows and festivals, gives you an insight of what you need to be wearing and how you should be wearing it. I think the street style at the Australian fashion week is the best I've seen yet, everyone’s style is so different and there are some pieces that I would never think of wearing however they are managing to pull it off.

Now let’s scope on my favourite street style shots…

Denim on Denim// If you’re not aware already denim on denim has got to be one of fashion’s greatest faux pas', however she managed to pull it off incredibly well. What I like the most about her outfit is the fact that both denims are a different type. Her oversized denim jacket is more of an acid wash while her mini skirt is light wash. I think they compliment each other well. 





Prints// I love this outfit!! I've always thought about putting two different prints together, but thought it would be too risky but she does it so well. Her fit is so effortlessly simple which is what I love the most. I believe less is more; I’m not one for outrageous outfits just to make a statement.



Plaid/Flannel shirt// I am sucker for plaid/flannel. I love how simple this outfit is too, the simplicity of the white tee and skort just makes up the whole outfit. 









Colour block// Why not add a dash of colour to your life ? Many people are going overboard with this whole ‘I’m going to stop wearing black when they find a darker colour. I do think it is the season to ditch black, because it’s spring/summer and  wearing black in this heat is not smart. This outfit is gorgeous, I love how well both colours compliment each other. This coat is vibrant. This outfit screams loud. Which surprisingly I do quite like.







Black// in comparison to the last street style shot,  does not scream anything. This dress alone is quite a minimalist piece, which I love. One of the main reasons I love black is because of how versatile it is and how easy it is to style. Black can literally go with anything. It goes to show that fashion has no boundaries; you can do what you want with it. Everyone should keep up to date with Australia and keep a look out for designers, and creative people out there as they are very unique with what they do.
Check out more street style shots from the Australian Fashion Week here: http://www.vogue.com/fashion/street-style/article/australia-fashion-week-2014/#/gallery/australian-fashion-week-street-style/56

No comments:

Post a Comment